Jan 8, 2020
The days of playing ostrich – burying your head in the sand and hoping the problem goes away – are gone. You can try, but your stakeholders will not be understanding or forgiving because they’ve watched what happened with Volkswagen, MAS and many others.
If you don’t prepare, you will incur more damage. Experience demonstrates that organisational leadership often does not understand that in the absence of adequate internal and external communications:
- Operational response will break down.
- Stakeholders will not know what is happening and quickly
become confused, angry, and negatively reactive.
- The organisation will be perceived as inept, at best, and
criminally negligent, at worst.
- The length of time required to bring full resolution to the
issue will be extended, often dramatically.
- The impact to the financial and reputational bottom line
will be more severe.
The basic steps of effective crisis communications are not difficult, but they require advance work in order to minimise damage. If you’re serious about crisis preparedness and response, but don't know where to begin, drop us a line at: email@example.com or give us a call at: +603-2110 9407.
#OrchanPR #OrchestratingChange #ChangeNow #CrisisPlanning #CrisisPrevention